Covid 19 Health & Safety policies
We’re excited to announce that we’ll be opening our boxing club doors as of June 15th with reduced capacity and new health and safety policies in place. As we reopen we’ll be working closely with the BC Government’s health organization to provide all of our members and staff with a safe environment to punch and sweat.
The policies and procedures below have been advised on the public health guidelines put out by WorkSafe BC and the provincial government. We acknowledge that this situation is continuing to evolve and we will be updating our strategy and policies as required.
- Class size will be limited to 10 clients for BagWorX and 10 clients for Conditioning.
- Mandatory health check in system. Includes:
- Temp checks
- Online waiver (by attending class you consent to feeling well and have no symptoms)
- No public change room. Clients must come ready to sweat and leave immediately following class.
- No public water station. Clients must bring their own water and bottle.
- No pad work / no partner training / no sparring – classes will be limited to bag work and conditioning training.
- No shared equipment – each client is required to bring their own handwraps and gloves or they may purchase this equipment from ESB.
- Each client will be situated at a station, each station is equipped with all necessary sanitation for before and after their workout.
- Open gym will no longer be available.
- All payments including classes, equipment and merch sales will be made online prior to class.
- All monthly memberships will remain on hold until clients ask for it to be activated. Once reactivated the remaining time for the unlimited monthly package will run until the next payment date after which all monthly unlimited memberships will be discontinued until the studio can be running at full capacity.
- Available options for attending will be 1, 5, 10 and 20 class passes.
- Any client who is feeling rundown, sick or has any cold or flu symptoms (runny nose, cough, watering eyes) please STAY HOME. Clients are to contact us immediately and we refund for the late cancellation.
- Cancellation Policy: Late cancellation is anything cancelled within 24hrs of class. An $8 fee for no show will be applied to clients’ accounts.
- Please ensure email notifications are turned on through the Mindbody Account. Please read the reservation emails for any updates to our policies.
- In each registration email, clients will be required to fill out a Health Declaration online before they come to class.
- Members must familiarize themselves with the new normal. They can email us if they have any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org
In Studio Staff & Member Personal Responsibility
- All staff and members will be pre-screened for health assessment & temperature checks prior to each class. Anyone exhibiting a temperature above normal will not be permitted to work or workout in the studio.
- If anyone exhibits symptoms in the studio, for the safety of the community we will respectfully ask you to leave.
- Stick to toe taps & air hugs! We ask that everyone limit their contact while in the studio.
- If you have recently traveled or been in contact with with someone who has traveled please do not return to the studio for at least 14 days.
- If you have tested positive for COVID or come in contact with someone who has we ask that you refrain from coming in for 14 days.
- Practice personal responsibility and attend ESB at your own risk. If you are in a high risk category or take care of someone who is, we understand that returning to ESB may not be the right decision for you. By choosing to attend a class at ESB, even with the increased safety measures, you acknowledge and accept the additional risks associated with the global health pandemic Covid-19.
Enhanced Cleaning Protocols
- Top grade disinfectant & more frequent cleaning. Staff will use hospital-grade cleaning solutions that are proven to kill viruses. After each class the studio will be disinfected as well as points of contact (door handles, bathroom taps) frequently during the day.
- All heavy bags and surrounding floor space will be disinfected after each class. As an additional precaution, we will provide unlimited disinfectant wipes for clients to wipe down their bag/equipment after use.
- All staff will be required to wear gloves & face masks while cleaning the studio.
- Modified schedule. We have extended the time periods between classes to allow for thorough cleaning.
- Hand Sanitizer. Please enjoy as much as you like! Clients will be encouraged to apply it upon entering the studio and staff will be required to frequently wash their hands.
Clients Checking In:
- Book online. At this time we will not be taking walk-ins.
- Guided floor plan. Please follow the guided markers to ensure 6 feet of physical distance when checking into the studio. Once you have checked in we ask that you head directly to your station.
- No lockers. For the time being, we will not permit the use of lockers. Please keep your belongings at the designated space that correlates with your designated station.
- Our washrooms will be modified to 2 people max at a time. Please come prepared in your workout clothes and only use the washroom if absolutely necessary. Showers will be closed.
- Arrive on time, but not too early. Our instructors will be managing check-in and will arrive 15min prior to class to prepare. Please show up no earlier than 10 mins before class.
- We will no longer be offering gloves for rental or hand wraps for rental. For this reason, we have reasonably priced gloves for you to purchase & hand wraps.
- Only the instructor is to handle the stereo system and music.
- Absolutely NO ONE behind the front desk or in the back offices except the instructor on shift.
While In Class
- Each heavy bag is spaced out at least 6 feet between each other. When punching the bag or doing body weight exercises, please keep your movement within your marked out space.
- During conditioning class, each member will receive their own equipment to use.
- No hands-on adjustments will be made by the instructor. The instructor will remain 6ft from each member.
- Please wipe down your bag or equipment with the disposable wipes at your station after your session.
If you have contracted Covid-19 or been around someone who has it’s your responsibility to notify ESB immediately.