Covid 19 Health & Safety policies
With the well-being of our staff and clients in mind and the current uptick of Covid cases, we have decided to close the gym temporarily, effective immediately. We will be using this break to review policies, update our safety plan with changing restrictions and to do a thorough cleaning of the space.
As we reopen we’ll be working closely with the BC Government’s health organization to provide all of our members and staff with a safe environment to punch and sweat.
The policies and procedures below have been advised on the public health guidelines put out by WorkSafe BC and the provincial government. We acknowledge that this situation is continuing to evolve and we will be updating our strategy and policies as required.
- Masks are required to be worn at all times until you begin your workout. Masks are not required to be worn during your workout.
- Class capacity is 20 clients.
- Mandatory health check in system. Includes:
- Online waiver (by attending class you consent to feeling well and have no symptoms)
- Pad work | Partner training | Sparring – based on client comfort levels.
- Open gym will no longer be available
- Unlimited monthly membership, class passes and drop-ins are available
- Any client who is feeling rundown, sick or has any cold or flu symptoms (runny nose, cough, watering eyes) please STAY HOME. Clients are to contact us immediately and we refund for the late cancellation.
- Cancellation Policy: Late cancellation is anything cancelled within 24hrs of class. An $8 fee for no show will be applied to clients’ accounts.
- Please ensure email notifications are turned on through the Mindbody Account. Please read the reservation emails for any updates to our policies.
- In each registration email, clients will be required to fill out a Health Declaration online before they come to class.
- Members must familiarize themselves with the new normal. They can email us if they have any questions or concerns at email@example.com
In Studio Staff & Member Personal Responsibility
- If anyone exhibits symptoms in the studio, for the safety of the community we will respectfully ask you to leave.
- Stick to toe taps & air hugs! We ask that everyone limit their contact while in the studio.
- If you have recently traveled or been in contact with with someone who has traveled please do not return to the studio for at least 14 days.
- If you have tested positive for COVID or come in contact with someone who has we ask that you refrain from coming in for 14 days.
- Practice personal responsibility and attend ESB at your own risk. If you are in a high risk category or take care of someone who is, we understand that returning to ESB may not be the right decision for you. By choosing to attend a class at ESB, even with the increased safety measures, you acknowledge and accept the additional risks associated with the global health pandemic Covid-19.
Enhanced Cleaning Protocols
- Top grade disinfectant & more frequent cleaning. Staff will use hospital-grade cleaning solutions that are proven to kill viruses. After each class the studio will be disinfected as well as points of contact (door handles, bathroom taps) frequently during the day.
- All heavy bags and surrounding floor space will be disinfected after each class. As an additional precaution, we will provide unlimited disinfectant wipes for clients to wipe down their bag/equipment after use.
- Hand Sanitizer. Please enjoy as much as you like! Clients will be encouraged to apply it upon entering the studio and staff will be required to frequently wash their hands.
Clients Checking In:
- Book online.
- Our washrooms will be modified to 2 people max at a time. Please come prepared in your workout clothes. Showers will be closed.
- We have gloves for rental, but wraps will need to be purchased.
- Only the instructor is to handle the stereo system and music.
- Absolutely NO ONE behind the front desk or in the back offices except the instructor on shift.
While In Class
- During conditioning class, each member will receive their own equipment to use.
- Please wipe down your bag or equipment with the disposable wipes at your station after your session.
If you have contracted Covid-19 or been around someone who has it’s your responsibility to notify ESB immediately.